Phase 2 Planning
Planning, design and environmental review are underway for Phase 2 Project work.
Eden Landing Phase 2 Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Report
Consultants are conducting an environmental analysis of the various alternative options for our next phase of Eden Landing work. The Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Report is expected to be released in late summer or early fall.
Once released, the document will be available for download from the website. We will send announcements to the Project mailing list and post information on the Project Facebook and Twitter feeds. To ensure you receive notice, you may join the mailing list here.
Public Hearing: Eden Landing Phase 2 Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Report
A meeting previously scheduled for August has had to be postponed. We will set the date for the public hearing as soon as we receive a confirmed schedule for noticing the pending Draft EIS/R in the Federal Register.
Information on the alternatives:
June 30 Eden Landing Scoping Meeting Presentation [PDF]
Eden Landing Phase 2 Alternatives - [PPT]
See below under Other Phase 2 Documents for the Notice of Preparation and other Eden Landing-related documents released to date.
The final environmental analysis document details Phase 2 plans for 2,400 acres of ponds in the Alviso area near San Jose and Mountain View, and the Ravenswood area near East Palo Alto/Menlo Park. Click here to see a map of Phase 2 plans in these areas.
- To Download: You can download all or part of the final Environmental Impact Statement/Report here.
To View a Hard Copy of the Final Alviso/Ravenswood EIS/R:
- San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge Complex Headquarters,
1 Marshlands Road, Fremont, CA 94555,
- State Coastal Conservancy
1330 Broadway, 13th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612, 510-286-1015 [map]
- US Army Corps San Francisco District, 1455 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, 415-503-6804, [map]
- Santa Clara Valley Water District administration building, 5750 Almaden Expressway, San Jose, CA 95118,
Copies of the document also are available for public review at the following libraries:
- Alviso Branch Library, 5050 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95002, 408-263-3626 [map]
- Biblioteca Latino America, 921 South First St., San Jose, CA 95110, 408-294-1237 [map]
- California State University Library, 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd., Hayward, CA 94542, 510-885-4287, [map]
- Fremont Main Library, 2400 Stevenson Blvd., Fremont, CA 94538, 510-745-1400 [map]
- Menlo Park Library, 800 Alma St., Menlo Park, CA 94025, 650-330-2500 [map]
- Mountain View Library, 585 Franklin St., Mountain View, CA 94041, 650-903-6337 [map]
- Rinconada Library, 1213 Newell Rd., Palo Alto, CA 94303, 650-329-2436
- King Library, 150 E San Fernando St., San Jose, CA 95112, 408-808-2000 [map]
- Redwood City Main Library, 1044 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, CA 94063, 650-780-7018 [map]
- San Mateo County East Palo Alto Library, 2415 University Ave., East Palo Alto, CA 94303, 650-321-7712 [map]
- Santa Clara County Milpitas Library, 160 N Main St., Milpitas, CA 95035, 408-262-1171 [map]
- City of Santa Clara Central Park Library, 2635 Homestead Rd., Santa Clara, CA 95051, 408-615-2900 [map]
- Sunnyvale Public Library, 665 West Olive Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94086, 408-730-7300 [map]
- Natural Resources Library, U.S. Department of the Interior, 1849 C Street NW, Washington, DC 20240.
Other Phase 2 Documents
These handouts summarize key actions under consideration:
- Handout - Eden Landing (PDF)
- Handout - Alviso (PDF)
- Handout - Ravenswood (PDF)
You can give us your thoughts and ideas through our comment form.