Phase 2 Planning
In 2019, plans are moving from vision to reality, with all environmental documents completed, and our first Phase 2 construction underway at the Ravenswood ponds near Menlo Park’s Bedwell Bayfront Park.
Eden Landing Phase 2 Final Environmental Impact Report
The final document, released April 5, 2019, describes the preferred plan for tidal marsh restoration, wildlife habitat improvements, new trails and flood protection on 2,270 acres of ponds near Union City. It analyzes environmental impacts of alternative plans for the area covering about half of the California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Eden Landing Ecological Reserve. This final report also includes responses to public and stakeholder comments received on the Spring 2018 draft report.
Download the Final Document
View the Draft Document
View a Hard Copy of the Document
Hard copies of the document are also available for public review, during business hours, at:
Copies of the document also are available for public review at the following libraries:
- California Department of Fish & Wildlife, Bay Delta Region, 2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100, Fairfield, CA 94534, 707-428-2002,[map]
- State Coastal Conservancy, 1515 Clay St., 10th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612, 510-286-1015 [map]
- Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center,2 Marshlands Road, Fremont, CA 94555, 510-792-0222, ext. 363,[map]
Information on the alternatives:
- Union City Library, 34007 Alvarado-Niles Rd., Union City, CA 94587, 510-745-1464 [map]
- Hayward Public Library, Central Library, 835 C St., Hayward, CA 94541, 510-293-8685 [map]
- California State University Library, 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd., 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd., Hayward, CA 94542, 510-885-4287 [map]
- Fremont Main Library, 2400 Stevenson Blvd., Fremont, CA 94538, 510-745-1400 [map]
- Newark Public Library, 6300 Civic Terrace Ave., Newark, CA, 94560, 510-284-0675 [map]
June 30 Eden Landing Scoping Meeting Presentation [PDF]
Eden Landing Phase 2 Alternatives - [PPT]
See below under Other Phase 2 Documents for the Notice of Preparation and other Eden Landing-related documents released to date.
The final environmental analysis document details Phase 2 plans for 2,400 acres of ponds in the Alviso area near San Jose and Mountain View, and the Ravenswood area near East Palo Alto/Menlo Park.
- To Download: You can download all or part of the final Environmental Impact Statement/Report here.
To View a Hard Copy of the Final Alviso/Ravenswood EIS/R:
- San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge Complex Headquarters,
1 Marshlands Road, Fremont, CA 94555,
- State Coastal Conservancy
1330 Broadway, 13th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612, 510-286-1015 [map]
- US Army Corps San Francisco District, 1455 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, 415-503-6804, [map]
- Santa Clara Valley Water District administration building, 5750 Almaden Expressway, San Jose, CA 95118,
Other Phase 2 Documents
These handouts summarize key actions under consideration:
- Handout - Eden Landing (PDF)
- Handout - Alviso (PDF)
- Handout - Ravenswood (PDF)
You can give us your thoughts and ideas through our comment form.